Education1. B.A., English (minor in History), Spring Hill College, Mobile, AL, 1969
2. M.A., English, S. Illinois U., Carbondale, IL, 1970
Experience1. Much one-on-one teaching/writing guidance over a 20-year teaching career.
2. Taught A.P. English 4 for 15 years
3. Experienced with grades 9-12, especially
4. Have just retired from full-time teaching, but still seek fruitful interaction with students
5. Elected one of "Top Ten Teachers" (covering all four high-school years) by senior class, three out of last five years at latest high-school assignment
Hobbies1. I write poetry and believe I understand how it "works". I have just self-published a book of original sonnets entitled "Sonnetary Confinement" ($10.00 in bookstores).
2. I am an excellent editor of the English language, from students' written work (college application essays, research papers, etc.) to almost anything in print, which I edited professionally in the private sector for about 10 years.
3. I also enjoy good films, most sports, and friendly conversation.
Client Reviews (3)
I took my 10th grade daughter to see Mr. Terry for an refresher on how to write expository and persuasive papers. He explained everything very well and helped her to get a better understanding of how to structure the paper and keep the paper organized. She felt more confident when when writing her papers for the STAAR test. Thank you Mr. Terry, we will definitely go back to you if we have more questions. I just wish we would of contacted Mr. Terry sooner than we did.
Mr. Clark did a great job tutoring my daughter’s English. He explains answers to questions well, and teaches techniques for solving questions efficiently. He also makes learning sessions fun!
Clark is very knowledgeable in all things writing related. He is a former teacher so he knows what is expected of a student, but he is friendly and easy to relate to,(not like working with your teacher.)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.